Cuts to OT for 2024 + Good News
As we enter into a new year, it’s time to take another deep dive into the important updates that shape our profession and why it is so important to keep advocating year after year. That’s why this week on The Amplify OT Podcast, I am talking about cuts to OT in 2024, plus some good news we can look forward to!
Join the Amplify OT Membership
As an exclusive bonus for podcast listeners, you can join the Amplify OT Membership at any time! Join today to take control of your career! It’s time to become your own best resource on Medicare and advocacy.
In this episode, I cover:
- What is the Medicare Physicians Fee Schedule (MPFS) and the professions it impacts.
- Updates to the conversion factor (spoiler alert: there has been a payment reduction).
- CMS extended the Telehealth waivers required by Congress.
- The general supervision requirement for OTAs and PTAs in private practice has been extended.
- For the first time as therapy practitioners, we are going to be reimbursed for a service that the patient is not physically present for under the new caregiver codes.
Amplify OT Resources
Want to keep learning about how insurance and reimbursement impact you? Then head to AmplifyOT.com/Services to see what resources we have available!
CONNECT WITH AMPLIFY OT:
- Take Action: AOTA.org/takeaction
- AOTA MPFS 2024 Article (members only)