If you’re ever confused about a new rule at your facility, ask to see the policy. Not only will it clear up any misunderstandings or uninformed practices, it presents and opportunity for everyone to learn and grow in our field. This week on The Amplify OT Podcast, I am answering a listener question about whether or not Medicare puts a limit on the number of minutes of care that you can provide to a patient.
Join the Amplify OT Membership today to take control of your career! It’s time to become your own best resource on Medicare and advocacy!
In this episode I cover:
- When you should be cautious of “new” Medicare rules.
- How asking to see the policy can help clarify if the concern you’re dealing with is a Medicare rule or a facility rule disguised under Medicare.
- My thoughts on why the facility we address in the listener’s question may have said there is a limit on the number of minutes of care under Medicare.
- How you as the practitioner can be prepared to advocate for yourself and your patients.
Thanks for listening! If you found this episode helpful, don’t forget to follow, rate and review the show. To learn more about Amplify OT head to https://amplifyot.com/
Need CEUs? Save 40% off on your Medbridge subscription by using code “AmplifyOT” at checkout or by visiting https://www.medbridgeeducation.com/amplify-ot. Medbridge has great CEUs on Medicare Reimbursement.
Did you miss Amplify OT’s OASIS training? Get access to the recording here: https://amplifyot.com/courses/scoring-the-home-health-oasis
CONNECT WITH AMPLIFY OT:
LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Patient Driven Payment Model (PDPM) in Skilled Nursing Facilities
- How Understanding PDPM in Skilled Nursing Facilities Can Make You a Better Clinician
Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/amplifyot/message
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/amplifyot/support
You must log in to post a comment.