**Note: It has since been announced that the COVID-19 PHE will end on May 11, 2023 – Read more here**
There may be some confusion between CMS changing policies and the expiration of the COVID-19 public health emergency when it comes to Occupational Therapists starting home health OASIS. That’s why this week on The Amplify OT Podcast, I’m answering a listener question about the policy around who can initiate the OASIS in home health.
As an exclusive bonus for podcast listeners, you can join the Amplify OT Membership at any time! Join today to take control of your career! It’s time to become your own best resource on Medicare and advocacy.
In this episode, I cover:
- What to expect when it comes to renewing the COVID-19 public health emergency.
- Why there might be this misconception that there needs to be another discipline doing an evaluation the same day as the OT.
- The financial and liability implications that misunderstanding this policy can have on you as a practitioner.
Thanks for listening! If you found this episode helpful, don’t forget to follow, rate and review the show. To learn more about Amplify OT head to https://amplifyot.com/
Need CEUs? Save 40% off on your Medbridge subscription by using code “AmplifyOT” at checkout or by visiting https://www.medbridgeeducation.com/amplify-ot. Medbridge has great CEUs on the OASIS and Medicare Reimbursement. *Affiliate Link*
CONNECT WITH AMPLIFY OT:
LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Home Health OASIS & Value- Based Purchasing [Podcast Episode]
- Patient-Driven Groupings Model (PDGM) in Home Health [Podcast Episode]
- Is Occupational Therapy a Qualifying Service in Home Health [Article]
- What is the Patient-Driven Groupings Model (PDGM) in Home Health [Article]
- Can Occupational Therapists Initiate the OASIS? [Article]