Now I know compliance is not a word that generally sparks a lot of excitement, however, it is something that is extremely important for both the business owner and us as individual clinicians to protect ourselves and our licenses. That’s why this week on The Amplify OT Podcast, I am talking about the False Claims Act.
As an exclusive bonus for podcast listeners, you can join the Amplify OT Membership at any time! Join today to take control of your career! It’s time to become your own best resource on Medicare and advocacy.
In this episode I cover:
- The impacts that failure to follow rules and regulations has on you as a licensed professional.
- What is the OIG and how some facilities are getting busted by them for filing incorrect claims to get a higher payout.
- Important things you should know in regards to the false claims act and how to protect yourself from legal implications.
- The responsibility you as a clinician has to understand the laws yourself instead of relying on your facility.
Thanks for listening! If you found this episode helpful, don’t forget to follow, rate and review the show. To learn more about Amplify OT head to https://amplifyot.com/
Need CEUs? Save 40% off on your Medbridge subscription by using code “AmplifyOT” at checkout or by visiting https://www.medbridgeeducation.com/amplify-ot. Medbridge has great CEUs on the OASIS and Medicare Reimbursement. *Affiliate LInk*
- OIG False Claims Act
- IG Reel: SNF sued for false claims Pt 1: https://www.instagram.com/reel/CgvUZZ3tjli/
- IG Reel: SNF sued for false claims Pt 2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cgx3NOyvm-9/
- IG Reel: SNF sued for false claims Pt 3: https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cg0QiNKridY/
Looking for more policy info? Check out the Amplify OT Academy at https://amplifyot.com/occupational-therapy-continuing-education/
Curious how you can best avoid filing a false claim? Learning what Medicare covers and how our healthcare system works is the #1 way to understand the law. Take charge of your career and be the change you want to see with Mastering OT Policy & Medicare. Register today!
CONNECT WITH AMPLIFY OT: