A lot of times, we think that policy is something that happens to us, but today’s guest shares how we have an impact on the policies going to congress. This week on The Amplify OT Podcast, it is my great honor to be joined by my guest Heather Parsons, VP of Federal Affairs at the American Occupational Therapy Association, to talk about advocacy and what’s going to congress this November 2022!
In this episode, Heather shares how she bridged the gap from being a school-based therapist to becoming a deputy chief of staff working in politics and what the federal affairs team does at AOTA to support practitioners and the profession every single day.
As an exclusive bonus for podcast listeners, you can join the Amplify OT Membership at any time! Join today to take control of your career! It’s time to become your own best resource on Medicare and advocacy.
The legislation we cover in this episode includes:
- The Mental Health Parity Act
- The Lymphodema Bill
- The Allied Health Workforce Diversity Act
- Medicare Physicians Fee Schedule
- OTA Payment Differential/ Supervision (SMART) Act
Use your voice to take action early and often!
Thanks for listening! If you found this episode helpful, don’t forget to follow, rate and review the show. To learn more about Amplify OT head to https://amplifyot.com/
Need CEUs? Save 40% off on your Medbridge subscription by using code “AmplifyOT” at checkout or by visiting https://www.medbridgeeducation.com/amplify-ot. Medbridge has great CEUs on the Leadership and Medicare Reimbursement. – Affiliate LInk
CONNECT WITH AMPLIFY OT:
LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Amplify OT: 2022 Fall Advocacy Updates
- Amplify OT: How Medicare Law is Made and What You Can Do
- Click here to view a video presentation on 2022 Fall Advocacy Issues
- Amplify OT: Medicare Physician Fee Schedule (view this article for additional inks on the fee schedule)
- AOTA Legislative Action Center
- AOTA Advocacy
- Information on AOTPAC