Inspiring Innovation: OT in Tech, DME and Entrepreneurship with Dr. Brandy Archie
As a practicing OT, you know the importance and value that obtaining the necessary DME and adaptable equipment has on reaching your patient’s goals. Unfortunately, it can be a challenge to find and obtain the right equipment especially when dealing with insurance claims. Today’s guest Dr. Brandy Archie recognized this problem and created Ask Samie to help patients get the right adaptable equipment in an easy and stress-free way. That’s why this week on The Amplify OT Podcast, my guest Dr. Brandy and I are talking about inspiring innovation: OT in tech, DME, and entrepreneurship.
Join the Amplify OT Membership
As an exclusive bonus for podcast listeners, you can join the Amplify OT Membership at any time! Join today to take control of your career! It’s time to become your own best resource on Medicare and advocacy.
In this episode, Dr. Brandy and I cover:
- Why occupational therapists make for great entrepreneurs.
- How Ask Samie helps patients, family members, and clinicians easily find the right adaptable equipment without the guesswork.
- Resources to walk you through the steps and provide prompts to get equipment covered by your insurance.
- Leveraging your documentation as a way to show your skilled and professional knowledge and to better help patients get the equipment they need.
- Understanding the laws so you can provide more options to your patients.
- How the Licensure Compact could open up a useful opportunity for businesses.
Free OT Reimbursement Podcast Playlist
What to keep learning about insurance and reimbursement without wasting time? Head HERE to get your free OT Reimbursement Playlist and Guide!
Looking for more policy info? Check out our articles at www.amplifyot.com/articles
CONNECT WITH DR. BRANDY ARCHIE:
CONNECT WITH AMPLIFY OT: