Doing Your Due Diligence as a Licensed OT Practitioner with Raphie Wagner
You hear me preach on the podcast all the time about doing your due diligence in order to protect your license. We’re going to drive this point home in today’s episode as our guest, Raphie Wagner learned firsthand the consequences of not doing her due diligence as an OT. That’s why this week on The Amplify OT Podcast, I am talking about doing your due diligence as a licensed OT practitioner.
Join the Amplify OT Membership
As an exclusive bonus for podcast listeners, you can join the Amplify OT Membership at any time! Join today to take control of your career! It’s time to become your own best resource on Medicare and advocacy.
In this episode, Raphie and I cover:
- How Raphie’s lengthy career as an OT in many settings has shaped her perspective of the profession as a whole.
- Doing your own due diligence on policies and license requirements, NOT just trusting your employer in doing theirs.
- The mistake that cost Raphie $20,000, countless hours, and a disciplinary action that is connected to her license still to this day.
- A word of caution for any new grads considering entering into the travel space.
- Having your own liability insurance to fall back on to protect yourself.
- The huge importance of getting involved in your state association.
Amplify OT Resources
Want to keep learning about how insurance and reimbursement impact you? Then head to AmplifyOT.com/Services to see what resources we have available!
CONNECT WITH AMPLIFY OT:
CONNECT WITH RAPHIE WAGNER: