How to be Successful in Inpatient Rehab as an OT Practitioner with Courtney the OT
I’ve talked before on the podcast about the importance of continually learning and being well-versed in your knowledge of the profession within your setting and across other settings to best support yourself as the practitioner and ensure your patients are getting the best quality of care. That’s why this week on The Amplify OT Podcast I am sitting down with Courtney Lindblom to talk all things inpatient rehab and understanding insurance to best support your patients’ needs.
Join the Amplify OT Membership
As an exclusive bonus for podcast listeners, you can join the Amplify OT Membership at any time! Join today to take control of your career! It’s time to become your own best resource on Medicare and advocacy.
In this episode, Courtney and I cover:
- The biggest differences between SNF and inpatient rehab.
- Understanding insurance to best set patient expectations and support them during the time you have with them.
- The difference between insurance covering and approving DME (durable medical equipment) and treatment.
- The importance of continuing your education across all settings and staying up to date on any relevant policies and laws that might affect you as a practicing clinician.
- Recognizing and taking responsibility for the power your words and recommendations have on your patients.
Free OT Reimbursement Podcast Playlist
What to keep learning about insurance and reimbursement without wasting time? Head HERE to get your free OT Reimbursement Playlist and Guide!
Looking for more policy info? Check out our articles at www.amplifyot.com/articles
CONNECT WITH COURTNEY:
CONNECT WITH AMPLIFY OT: