Curious what the AOTA President has to say about advocacy, leadership, and the role of occupational therapy? In this episode we talk about getting comfortable with consequences and how even though occupational therapy practitioners strive to always put the patient first, we may end up undervaluing ourselves as a result.
Alyson Stover, AOTA’s President, and I could have talked for hours! I’m so glad to bring you this conversation that I think puts an important perspective on where we stand as a profession and how we can move forward.
So, this week on The Amplify OT Podcast, I am joined by my guest Alyson Stover, AOTA’s President, as we talk about Alyson’s thoughts on advocacy, leadership and the OT profession.
How We Might Be Undervaluing Our Services
Ep 18: Conversations with AOTA’s President, Alyson Stover, on Advocacy, Leadership, and Membership
In this episode, we discuss:
- AOTA’s role in Alyson’s experience throughout her career influenced to her desire to give back to the organization and profession as a whole.
- The role of AOTA’s Board of Directors and President
- Whether or not AOTA should be member-driven or profession responsive
- Common misconceptions about the role and structures within AOTA.
- How you can go beyond your membership and be an advocate for the profession (& ways you may already be advocating without realizing it.)
- The importance of protecting and promoting the value of the profession at every opportunity.
- How occupational therapy practitioners may be undervaluing their skills to payers and the public.
- Finding the balance of providing access with a service heart and remaining profitable.
Thanks for listening! If you found this episode helpful, don’t forget to follow, rate and review the show. To learn more about Amplify OT head to https://amplifyot.com/
As an exclusive bonus for podcast listeners, you can join the Amplify OT Membership at any time! Join today to take control of your career! It’s time to become your own best resource on Medicare and advocacy.
Need CEUs? Save 40% off on your Medbridge subscription by using code “AmplifyOT” at checkout or by visiting https://www.medbridgeeducation.com/amplify-ot. Medbridge has great CEUs on the OASIS and Medicare Reimbursement. – Affiliate Link
CONNECT WITH AMPLIFY OT:
LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
You must log in to post a comment.